Aegea reports net revenue¹ of R$ 384.3 million in 3Q17 and EBITDA increases 90.1% to R$ 214.6 million, with EBITDA margin of 55.8%
Aegea Saneamento e Participações S.A. (“Aegea” or “Company”), a water and sewage company with operations in 48 municipalities and 10 states of Brazil, announces its results for the third quarter (“3Q17”) and first nine months (“9M17”) of 2017. Information on the Company’s performance is presented in comparisons of 3Q17 with 3Q16 and of 9M17 with 9M16.
- Net Revenue¹ advanced 57.2% or R$ 139.8 million in 3Q17 compared to 3Q16, to R$ 384.3 million. In the same period, water revenue grew by 42.5% or R$ 85.7 million and sewage revenue increased by 48.0% or R$ 30.9 million;
- EBITDA¹ growth of 90.1% or R$ 101.7 million in 3Q17 compared to 3Q16, to R$ 214.6 million;
- EBITDA Margin increased by 9.6 p.p. in 3Q17 compared to 3Q16, to 55.8%;
- Start of new operations:
– Vila Velha Ambiental: Sewage PPP in the municipality of Vila Velha, ES, with a population of 486,388², started on July 3, 2017;
– Águas de Teresina: Full sub-concession in the municipality of Teresina, PI, with a population of 850,198², started on July 7, 2017;
- On October 3, 2017, the Company issued US$ 400 million notes in the international market maturing in 7 years with interest of 5.75% p.a. The issuance was fully hedged;
- Issuance of Debentures:
– Nascentes do Xingu: issuance of R$ 155.0 million in Tax-Exempt Infrastructure Debentures maturing in 7 years;
– Águas Guariroba: issuance of R$ 400.0 million in Debentures maturing in 5 years;
– Prolagos: issuance of R$ 100.0 million in Debentures maturing in 5 years.
1Amounts do not include construction revenue and costs, only construction margin – CPC 17.
2Source: IBGE – 2017.